British Council | IELTS
Reaching target audiences with relevant, compelling content through activity covering:
- Video and animation
- Press releases
- Digital PR and outreach
- Copywriting for internal and external communications
- Social media content
British Council IELTS were looking to partner with an agency who would operate as an extension of their team; providing a range of outputs according to changing pressures and objectives. IELTS is the International English Language Testing System and is widely used to assess the English-speaking ability of prospective university students and workers.
British Council IELTS commissioned Kenyons to nurture a positive profile for the organisation, positioning the brand as a trusted provider of IELTS learning and test taking.
British Council IELTS has a number of products to support test takers in their ambitions to achieve the IELTS score they need. These resources help to demonstrate the informed and understanding position of the organisation and these benefits need to be included in outgoing communications.
To build the positive profile and raise awareness of products, we collaboratively produced a variety of content, including animated video case studies, with accompanying press releases and outreach activity to gain the coverage it deserves. We worked closely with the British Council IELTS team to plan a timeline of activities to engage target audiences and:
- Raise awareness
- Support improvements in internal culture
- Drive traffic to specific (online) destinations
- Increase positive sentiment towards the brand
Kenyons gained significant media coverage for British Council IELTS and successfully raised the profile of their new suite of learning materials and products. PR approaches included:
- Delving into and using data to create stories that gain media coverage.
- Influencer outreach – reaching out to IELTS influencers (bloggers, vloggers, podcasters and social media influencers), and supporting them to share British Council infographics, videos and articles – engaging with students and those seeking to work overseas.
- International media engagement – forging relationships with journalists in regions where public relations activity was highlighted as a strategic priority.
Kenyons also provided reactive PR support to British Council IELTS to help manage their public response to the COVID-19 pandemic, providing prepared responses, and strategic messaging support.
“We have developed a great relationship with Kenyons over the last two years and will continue for the foreseeable future. From leaflets and company stationery through to website re-designs and banner, they have turned their hand to all of our requirements with a professional approach and turning our ideas and visions into reality that really look the part.”
- Vantage Academies
“We needed branding expertise and strategic communications advice – and a huge implementation exercise. Kenyons excelled and went beyond the call of duty to deliver outstanding results.”
- Dr Denise Barratt-Baxendale, Deputy Chief Executive, Everton Football Club
“Kenyons offers a true synergy with our brand and aspirations. As a centre we have seen tangible improvements across all KPIs greatly assisted by our social and digital content. Kenyons offers a true partnership approach with a focus on client satisfaction and commercial results.”
- St Johns Shopping Centre
“We have been working closely with Kenyons on quite a few projects. The whole team there are incredibly helpful and supportive and impressively quick to action any requests we make. Our new marketing materials fell fresh and energised and we continue to be very happy with everything they produce for us. It’s really nice to have such a good working relationship with a reliable marketing and design agency like this.”
- Merchant Taylors' Schools