Branding, design and production
To conduct a full in-depth review of the marine market to gain an understanding of the requirements, demand and product offer requirements to maximise opportunities.
To develop a marketing and sales strategy, including all deliverables, to be launched and tested at the Palma Boat Show in Mallorca.
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. It manufactures and distributes reserve power and motive power batteries, battery chargers, power equipment, battery accessories and outdoor equipment enclosure solutions to customers worldwide.
Within EnerSys’ specialty division the marine market is a key target. With a range of products already offered, it was realised that there was opportunity for significant expansion.
Research and development
We carried out this programme within a relatively short timescale, including:
- Primary and secondary research, including one-to-one interviews with distributors, boat and yacht builders, engineers and fitters.
- A range of workshops with key EnerSys directors and managers to identify business drivers, sales targets and project parameters.
- Market, marketing and competitor analysis.
- Product range, application and portfolio analysis.
- There was some brand and message confusion.
- Heritage, brand value and kudos of EnerSys were not being fully utilised.
- All interviewed valued the EnerSys brand and quality of products.
- Marketing and sales strategy including full implementation plan.
- New product positioning model.
- New ‘Marine X’ brand to carry the full EnerSys marine range – streamlining and clarifying the offer.
- All marketing deliverables for the launch at Palma Boat Show, including all exhibition material, key publication advertising, brochures and sales support material, promotional items, new web site, PR and social media support.
At Palma Boat Show alone engagement activity was up by 48% with over a 10-fold increase in sales orders generated.
The Marine X brand was further rolled out at Genoa Boat Show, La Rochelle Boat Show, Electric Hybrid Marine World and Metstrade shows both in Amsterdam.